Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What A Hit!





While in Spokane last April, my sister Stacy served us Lundberg Jubilee rice with a hard boiled egg on top.  Not gonna lie--when she first handed it over, I was most skeptical that this was all we were having for lunch.  However, I loved it and finally got my azure standard order with packets of Jubilee rice in my possession so I made it for dinner.  The kids literally freaked out they loved it so much.  Briggs ate his rice plain and was asking for seconds before I even sat down for prayer or brought over the boiled eggs.  The kids had never had boiled eggs and were thrilled to peel them and mash them into their rice.  I told them that we could have it for lunch like I did at Aunt Stacy's and Lucy exclaimed "Lets have if for lunches and dinners!"  I really wish I could have paired it with a nice green salad as that would have gone better but alas with my husband gone for the second week I can't get to the store for more fresh greens so we went with broccoli and zucchini and fruit salad.  I was SO full afterwards and I didn't even take any seconds.  I was worried there wasn't enough fats with this but apparently the eggs have enough fat with the protein because we were all plenty satisfied.

Now, since I didn't get to post this last night I do need to tell you what happened tonight at dinner.  I spent the afternoon cleaning out my pantry and trying to fill it with only whole foods (hopefully pics on this tomorrow) and so I wasn't prepared for dinner.  I have foods in my freezer I want to no longer keep with our new lifestyle but figure I am not going to just throw away so with Jon gone I decided I could serve Dino-bite chicken nuggets for dinner for the kids.  They were fine with this until I pulled out the leftover rice and the last boiled egg for myself.  HOLY COW.  There was mass complaining that I didn't offer this to them.  What kids choose multi-grain rice with a hard boiled egg over Dino-bites?  See, you gotta try this meal!  Oh, FYI, I do think a little sea salt sprinkled on top does make the meal.

Happy Eating
Chanda

No comments:

Post a Comment