Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kale Chips




My sister Stacy, who is also on a journey to better nutrition, told me about Kale chips.  You take kale, wash and dry it, then add 1 tsp olive oil and rub the leaves in it.  Then you put them on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake for 10-15 minutes.  She said they taste kinda like popcorn and she is totally right!  My kids loved them.  Briggs said "Nany mom?" which means Candy?  About 5 minutes later Liberty exclaimed they were like candy.  hmmmm  They really are pretty good. I don't know if I would call it candy but if you have a salty craving this will totally satisfy and you are eating Kale--doesn't get much better than that.  Thanks Stacy!  There was more on the pan originally (before I could get a picture) but the kids kept eating them off the hot pan so I put them on a plate. 

Love this!
Happy Eating,
Chanda







No comments:

Post a Comment