Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wednesdays Meals

 Today I thought I would try buckwheat hot cereal for breakfast.  I put out frozen fruit, granola, flax, brown sugar, agave, and milk in case it needed some doctoring--which I feel like it did.  It wasn't as easy to eat as a bowl of oatmeal but easier than a bowl of Quinoa.  Once I added frozen berries, walnuts, flax and sprinkled a little granola on it, it was much easier to eat and not be so plain.  Lucy liked it fine, Liberty and Briggs both ate several bites but in the end it got to bland for them.  Not awful but not sure I would add it to my weekly breakfast menu quite yet.
 We had some multi-grain crackers and cheese for a snack around 11am before we headed out for an errand so I wasn't starving around lunch time at 1pm.  So for lunch I had cottage cheese with berries, chia seeds, and flax, spinach with hemp seeds, and then some apples and celery with sunbutter on the side.  I did great until around 3:30 when I didn't get a nap and felt another cold come on.  I grabbed 2 of the healthy cookies I made on Sunday.  Not super glad I did but it did the trick to hold me over until dinner. I don't know if there was enough fat in the lunch to hold me over either.


By dinner I just wanted something really filling and comforting--not just salad.  Since Jon is out of town I made fish sticks--pretty healthy ones actually, sweet potatoes, zucchini, and fruit on the side.  Each kid at the same things without a single complaint, at everything they were given and asked for seconds or thirds.  We at 5:30 and I didn't even think about food again until 9pm when I thought a bowl of granola with oatmeal milk would be a nice end to the day.

Happy Eating
Chanda

No comments:

Post a Comment