Monday, June 11, 2012

Buckwheat Pancakes


I've been trying to incorporate Buckwheat more into our diet lately.  This morning I ground it into flour to make these pancakes.  Here is the recipe I found and what I did:

Tasty Buckwheat Pancakes
1/2 c whole wheat flour--I used brown rice flour (still deciding on how I feel about wheat flour...)
1/4 c buckwheat flour
1/4 c quick cooking oats
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 cup skim milk
3 tablespoon safflower oil--I used 1 1/2 tbsp canola and then ran out so used coconut oil for the other 11/2 tbsps.
2 tbsp honey--I used 1 tbsp agave instead of honey since honey often makes the pancakes looked burned
1 egg, lightly beaten--skipped the beaten since I'm lazy
Oh and I added 1 tbsp flax as I always do.

They were delicious!  I am constantly trying alternatives to syrup so this morning I drained some homecanned peaches and put them on top.  Served it with an egg and fruit and was completely full until lunch time, no low blood sugar or anything!

So excited for my first shipment from azure standard tomorrow.  Hope to share all kinds of new things with the new products arrivals!

 Happy Eating
Chanda


No comments:

Post a Comment